About Malaysian-Food-Recipes

Malaysian Food Recipes Photo
Objective of Malaysian Food Recipes blog?  Em…just some ideas for those who are new to cooking and wanted to explore into cooking (just like me!).  I managed to get those dishes (that I share in this blog) up through trial and errors (argh…) so I’m sure any amateur cooks will be able to do the same or better than me ;-).  Only simple daily cooking jeh…

While reading recipe books and messing up the kitchen while Mum is cooking, I get to learn lots of things such as the shortcuts to preparing some dishes.  That’s why most of the dishes I share here are simple and easy!  I remove the ingredients that I can’t find easily and replace with some other ingredients.  When you get adventurous, you invent new recipes! lol! Don’t worry, they’re edible and some are unexpectedly good.
Other things learned include understanding recipes.  Initially I don’t even know the name of ingredients in recipe books and the abbreviation used in quantity of the ingredients.  Some recipe books are detailed enough so I eventually got used to all of them.  I find that most recipe books are created for those who already know how to cook and only few caters to us – those who wanted to start cooking from zero.
Cooking is fun!  And I want everyone else to be able to become cooking “hero” from zero too!  So, here are all the tips you’ll ever need.  Oklar, those who are already expert may not need my simple cooking tips but they can share their expert tips with me by dropping me some comments.  I’m sure readers would like them too!  Hope I get more time to blog every now and then…you know, sometimes busy with cooking ma…haha!

Oh, forgot to introduce myself!  Ehem!  I’m a lazy cook, always wanted to get things done in the least time possible with the least effort and easiest to find ingredients (one of the many reasons why my simple food recipes are VERY SIMPLE food recipes).  I always cook portion that is not filling so that people want more (if they taste good!) and will look forward my next cooking (haha! one of the great tips that had always worked!).  And if it doesn’t turn out good, oklar, not too much of wastage.  Those who eat will be grateful too.

Get started with some basic understanding of food recipes:
Measure Ingredients – 1tsp, 1/2tbsp, 2 cups etc. how to measure quantity?
Cutting Ingredients – slice, cube, julienne etc. what are these?
Cooking Methods – blanch, saute, stir-fry, deep fry etc. what are these?